Introduction to Coding with Python
Duration: 1 Days (Classroom, Business Site or Remote)
£ 500 per person
*Discounts may apply, contact us.
Python is a high-level, versatile, and widely-used programming language known for its simplicity, readability, and extensive standard library. It was created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. Python is appreciated for its ease of use and is commonly employed in various fields, including web development, data analysis, scientific computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and more.
Key features and attributes of Python include:
1. **Readability:** Python’s clean and concise syntax makes it easy to read and write, which is advantageous for both beginners and experienced programmers.
2. **Versatility:** Python is a general-purpose programming language suitable for a wide range of applications, from web development (with frameworks like Django and Flask) to automation, data analysis (with libraries like Pandas and NumPy), and scientific computing.
3. **Interpretation:** Python is an interpreted language, meaning code is executed line by line, which allows for interactive coding and easier debugging.
4. **Large Standard Library:** Python comes with a comprehensive standard library that offers pre-built modules and packages for various tasks, reducing the need to reinvent the wheel.
5. **Community Support:** Python has a large and active user community, leading to a wealth of online resources, libraries, and third-party modules that extend its capabilities.
6. **Cross-Platform:** Python is available on multiple platforms (Windows, macOS, and Linux), making it a truly cross-platform language.
7. **Open Source:** Python is open-source and freely available, encouraging collaboration and innovation.
8. **Object-Oriented:** Python supports object-oriented programming, facilitating code organization and reusability.
9. **Dynamically Typed:** Python is dynamically typed, meaning variable types are determined at runtime, providing flexibility but requiring careful variable management.
10. **Great for Beginners:** Python’s simplicity and readability make it an excellent language for those new to programming.
Python’s popularity continues to grow, particularly in fields like data science and machine learning, where it is a preferred language due to its rich ecosystem of libraries and tools, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn. It is also widely used for web development, scripting, automation, and more.